Saturday, October 14, 2023

Quick Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage Meat Recipe

Since we've raised our own pigs I wanted to figure out how to make my own sausage, but that turned out to be more challenging than I thought. I haven't figured out a sausage recipe for the meat to have lovely, tender, succulent roasted fresh sausages, but I have figured out a quick herb and spice mix for Italian sausages that I can use ground pork with for braised recipes.

1lb ground pork (not lean)
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp brown sugar
1 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
1 tsp cracked black pepper
dash nutmeg (optional?)
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
1 to 2 Tbsps fresh parsley, minced
1 tsp dried basil
¾ tsp paprika
FOR HOT = ¾ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
  1. Place the pork and red wine vinegar in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Knead until you can see flecks of spice evenly distributed through the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment