Saturday, October 20, 2012

Turkey Burgers (the secret is Cheese)

Ground turkey tends to be sort of bland, and I've searched for a good turkey burger recipe. I think I'm in pretty good form here, and have Frankensteined a number of recipes including ideas from plain old regular burger patty recipes.

1 lb ground turkey
¼ cup bread crumbs or quick cook oatmeal
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 to 2 tsps fresh sage, minced (optional)
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
1 to 2 Tbsps cheese (whatever you have bits of, cheddar, mozzarella, gruyere, parmesan, blue, doesn't matter except to your taste)
  1. I like to cook the garlic in a little oil first, and I save the oil to cook the patties in.
  2. Mix all ingredients together and form into 4 patties.
  3. Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 165°F.

No comments:

Post a Comment