Thursday, August 4, 2011

Leeky Goat Quiche - Chèvre and Leek Quiche

One of my standard quiche recipes, I made this as a side-dish to my parent's catered 50th wedding anniversary, and was quite chuffed when it became the focus of the meal. I love it when people ask me for the recipe!

2 Tbsps (1oz/28gr) melted butter
2 to 3 scallions
1 leek
3 eggs
1 cup crème fraîche
pinch nutmeg
4 to 5 oz chèvre cheese
½ tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp pepper
Optional: 1 Tbsp tarragon
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F and blind-bake the pie crust.
  2. While crust is baking, fry leek in butter until soft; remove from pan. Fry scallions and set aside.
  3. Whisk together egg, crème fraiche, nutmeg, salt and pepper (and tarragon, if using).
  4. Spread cheese in bottom of pie shell. Sprinkle fried leeks on top.
  5. Pour egg mix into shell; sprinkle fried scallions on top.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes or until custard is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment