Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Birthday Picnic

So, I mentioned in my previous entry that Ben organized a lovely picnic potluck for my birthday. It was pretty busy, lots of people came and although the weather wasn't 100% great, we made the most of it. There definitely was a lot of food! I brought my Wonder Bread (the Miracle Boule) which was hugely popular, with soft chèvre and some lovely traditional French sausage we got at Granville Island; the Greek Loaf, which was equally popular (it disappeared first, but there was less of it); the Red Salad with Orange Vinaigrette, which was almost all eaten, and there was a lot of it; the Spiced Candied Pecans, which got rave reviews; and the Chèvre Pasta Salad, which got the least attention (I think it didn't have the same kind of visual impact and just looked like a pasta salad. Ben likes it a lot). So this is a really good test for picnic fare, and what is attractive and what's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment